Rotary of Coconut Creek held its Installation Dinner at Runyon’s on June 19th, 2015. We had the honor of having District Governor Joe Roth and very supportive wife Diana Roth in attendance. As his term as District Governor ends, the Club would like to thank him for his support, dedication and most importantly, his friendship.
In addition to the Installation Dinner of the 2015-2016 Board, we also had the honor and blessing of welcoming a new Rotarian to the Club, Laura Royle, Keith Royle’s wife. Laura has been supportive and by our side in many of our projects and we are grateful for her service. Not only did Keith sponsor Laura but they are hosting a Youth Exchange Student from Brazil. All this in just one year!
Speaking about supportive spouses, we probably do not say this often enough but a big Thank You goes to the following spouses that joined us for this special event, Marsha Mountford, Wendy Betschart- Dayton, Sara Monaghan, and Tony Dublino. Without your support we would not be able to do the things that we believe are needed in the community, here and abroad. In addition to the spouses, Allyssa Dayton, Todd Dayton’s daughter who was involved in Interact when she was younger also joined us for the event. It just shows what a huge impact Rotary can have on family members and we wish her continued success in college and her career.
The Club recognized the following Rotarians for their continued contribution to The Rotary Foundation (Paul Harris):
– Todd Dayton Paul Harris plus 5
– Drew Monaghan Paul Harris plus 3
– Joe Schumacher Paul Harris plus 2
– Terry Witcher – Paul Harris plus 6
David W. Mountford was also recognized for his great leadership, and support with a Paul Harris. He now stands at Paul Harris plus 3!
District Governor Joe Roth and President of Rotary of Coconut Creek, David Mountford handed out the following awards:
– Jennifer Dublino – Her Service to the Public Relations for the Club
– Keith Royle – President’s Award
– Elsie Ortiz – Rotarian of the Year
– Drew Monaghan – Exemplary Service and Contribution Award
Your 2015-2016 Rotary of Coconut Creek Board of Directors are:
– David W. Mountford – President
– Keith Royle – Vice President
– Ja-Ronn Jones – President Elect
– Elsie Ortiz – Secretary
– Terrell Witcher – Treasurer
– Keith Royle – Sergeant at Arms
Your 2015-2016 Committees are:
– Todd Dayton – Foundation Chairman
– Laura Royle – Fundraiser Chairman
– Elsie Ortiz –Club Administration Chairman
– Stephen Engasser – Membership Chairman
– Jennifer Dublino – Public Relations/Public Image Chairman
– Elsie Ortiz – Youth Services/Exchange Chairman
– Drew Monaghan – Interact Chairman
– Keith Royle – Community Service Chairman
– Todd Dayton & Tom Pratt – Director at Large
We cannot close the year without thanking those individuals and companies that have generously supported us:
– Bru’s Room – The Club’s meeting location and the place for the best wings and beers
– Warner Painting – Painting services for our 4-Kids Service project
– Sawgrass Electric – Fans for the 4-Kids service project
As a final note, I would like to thank the Club for giving me the opportunity to be your Secretary. The bar has been set very high by the past Secretary, Todd Dayton who is also my mentor and friend. I am very fortunate to have the support of not only the President, David W. Mountford, but the other members of the Club. Here is too another great year and may the Creek forever be on the move!!